Home > FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

The official website for Australian immigration is https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au

You can find helpful information there; however, the immigration changes constantly, it is recommended that you consult with a registered migration agent who will give you the most updated information.

There are some potential risks when you apply for a visa without professional advice such as: you miss certain important documents, you apply the wrong subclass or even you risk your money by getting the refusal and then, you must apply for Administrative appeal tribunal’s review.

Besides the visa-related fee that you need to pay for the Department of Home Affairs, it is highly recommended that you consult with a reliable migration agent with a reasonable fee. The fee for a registered migration agent varies, depending on many factors. You will receive a quote in the first initial consultation with your registered migration agent.

Currently, there is no official website ranking the migration agent’s performance. However, you could find a registered migration agent via this website https://portal.mara.gov.au/search-the-register-of-migration-agents. It is highly recommended that you consult with a licensed migration agent.

You should also look at a registered migration’s reviews from google review or social media and word of mouth. 

It is common sense that a competent registered migration agent is able to answer all your immigration questions and treats you in a professional way.

You should provide your immigration status (which visa you are holding if any) and your personal information ( age, marital status, English capacity…) before you get your first consultation.

You can also bring your immigration documents such as passport, visa grant or visa refusal to the initial consultation.

Although OZ Immi Advisors is in New South Wales, Australia, we consult and connect to clients from all over the world. As we are living in a high-tech world, everything can be solved via teleconference, telephone or email.

Australia welcomes diversity. As a homosexual or transgender, you can apply for a visa in the same way as heterosexual applicant. At OZ Immi Advisors, we welcome clients from various backgrounds.

Depending on your subclass, you can either apply for a visa in Australia or outside Australia. The registered migration agent will let you know if you can apply in Australia and get a Bridging visa during your waiting period.

If you applied for a Partner visa and your partner sponsor withdrew the sponsorship, you can even get the permanent Partner visa in some situations. In this situation, it is highly recommended that you consult with a registered migration agent for appropriate advice.

The estimated processing time is updated regularly on the website https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times.

However, depending on your specific situation (such as where you lodge your visa application), the registered migration agent will give you more information. Please be aware that there is no guarantee for the waiting period because the Department of Home Affairs is the official authority to decide on your visa outcome.